- In the Loire Valley, right in the heart of the French countryside.
- No more than 10 Km from the world famous vineyards of Sancerre and Pouilly-sur-Loire
- At 10 km from the city of la-Charité-sur-Loire, the ‘book-city’ and known for its enorm monastry (Unesco World Heritage)
- Only 30 km from the vibrant cities of Nevers and Bourges. A 2 hour drive south of Paris.
- Visit the beautiful city of Nevers on the Loire River or Bourges with its immense cathedral and medieval city centre
- Enjoy a trip to the city of Sancerre and visit the many wineries surrounding the city
- Let a wine-grower take you on a tour of his ‘caves’ and enjoy a wine-tasting
- Take a bicycle tour along the Loire River where the river is a national nature reserve or rent a canoe or kayak and enjoy the area as seen from the water
- Visit Guedelon and let yourself be transported back to the sights and sounds of a 13th century construction site, where a team of enthusiastic people are building a castle using the same techniques and materials as used in the middle-ages, without power tools, electricity or modern equipment
- Visit the pleasant open-air market in Cosne-sur-Loire
- Take a drive through the many authentic French villages and hamlets where time seems to have stood still; every weekend there is bound to be a brocante (flea market) somewhere along the road!
- Visit the city of La Charite-sur-Loire with its famous book market and its Blues Festival during the last weekend of August. Climb the ‘chemin des 84 marches’ (the way of the 84 steps) along which, pilgrims on route to Santiago de Compostella since the 12th century approached the monastery for an overnight stay